Monday, December 23, 2013

Dogs Resting...

I did this painting as a Christmas present for friend's, a married couple, that have become some wonderful new friend's to me since I have moved back to the Eastern Iowa area.  This painting is based on a photo that they shared on Face Book and it just caught my eye as a potential painting right away; some photos do that.  I felt safe to share it, now that they have received their painting.  I'll be sharing another car painting soon that I did as a Christmas present for Mr. Motorhead, my boyfriend.  But in the meanwhile, enjoy this one...

"Dogs Resting"; Watercolor on 11" x 14" Paper
Here's the original photo that I used for the painting....
Are they just not adorable?!?
I will say that Mr. Motorhead helped me.  He was wonderful and offered to get it framed.  I was rather glad because otherwise I would've been in the store trying to narrow down frames forever and ever!  It always helps to have another perspective when trying to chose a frame and matting.  I think that Mr. Motorhead has a real eye for color.  Here's a picture of it framed....
My friends have been sharing a new picture of the painting on Face Book and have been very happy with the gift.  That's always wonderful to hear.  Now, I just hope that Mr. Motorhead likes his painting!  Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment.  Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

jen said...

What a wonderful picture of our dogs- Brylee Rose & Peyton. It was a great gift from a wonderful friend.. I will cherish it forever..