Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Fountain Angel...

I started this painting back at the beginning of December but then got side tracked with Christmas paintings.  A couple of nights ago, while taking a break from prelim sketches for a commissioned piece I got to looking at it.  I thought to myself that I really need to finish it.  It didn't need that much more done to it.  I quickly went over a small area and then finished with a bit of ink.
"Fountain Angel"; watercolor and ink on 15" x 20" paper.

The painting was inspired by a photo of a fountain that I took during a Fall colors drive one Saturday along the Mississippi River.  There wasn't much color along the river that day, so I started looking at other things in the area when this fountain caught my eye.
I welcome any comment you may have and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: