Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Classic Cars Galore....

I've been a little slow placing some of my latest paintings up on here.  I recently started a part time job working as a cashier for a local large chain retail store and haven't had a great deal of time to do other things like I should.  And so, here I am doing a bit of catch up.

These paintings are based on photos that I took during my long road trip; which was about 2 years ago now.  My how time flies.  I took these photos during Day 19 in Long Beach, WA.  There was this HUGE car show event called the Rod Run to the End of the World put on by the Beach Barons Car Club. It occurs every year there during the first weekend of September and it's amazing.  I remember sitting on the main drag eating a bowl of clam chowder on a bench and watching almost a thousand different cars; all polished, painted, muscled out and pimped out, driving by as I sat there.  Between that and people watching, it was a wonderful day of just observing. It was a ton of FUN and I took a ton of pictures that day.  I used a couple of them for the inspiration for these two paintings....

Photo: "VW Vagabond on Longest Beach"; Watercolor on 11" x 21" Paper

This Volkswagen Bug caught my eye while walking along a back street area in Long Beach but the original wasn't on the Beach.  I decided that this VW was crying to be seen on a beach with its racked suit cases on top.  In fact, I refer to this painting as a Vagabond VW on the Beach.


Photo: "Pontiac at Beach Motel"; Watercolor on 11" x 17" Paper

This Old Pontiac was parked out front of this Beach Motel and it was a scene that I've been wanting to paint for a while.  My boyfriend, Mr. Motorhead, really liked this one!  And I will admit that it was a fun one to paint.

Thanks for stopping by and I welcome any comment you may have!

No comments: