Saturday, January 1, 2011

100 SLC Porches, No.7 & No. 8

"100 Salt Lake City Porches, No.7"- Oil on 16" x 20" Canvasboard
I've been on an "at-home" vacation this last week.  I haven't been "toiling away" at my normal everyday secretarial job and  I've been away from computers.  Instead, I took the opportunity during the week to do some reading and I also painted a couple more porches.  So here I am catching up on the first day of the New Year and putting these on here.  Happy New Year and a belated Happy Holidays! 

Both of these porches are from a local Salt Lake City street that is called "Christmas Street".  That is not the actual name of the street but it has over the years acquired the name because all of the houses decorate for Christmas.  I had a friend that used to live on this street and as I wanted to do a couple of porches at night with Christmas lights she suggested I try it.  It was very hard to narrow down the choices but here are the two that I decided to paint.  Enjoy!
"100 Salt Lake City Porches, No.8" - watercolor on 10" x13" paper

No comments: