Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Break from Porches....

I've slowed down a bit this last week with the 100 Salt Lake City Porches Project.  It's partially on purpose and partly not. 

The partially on purpose part:  I decided to do a little side project and make some handmade invitations for my annual Black Widow's Valentine's Dinner.  It's a special little social event that I do with some single girlfriends to celebrate Valentine's Day.  We basically dress up as widows, come with obits & pictures of pretend deceased husbands, and enjoy a nice dinner together.  I try to make the invites a bit special too.  So this year I did a bit with my new art form of watercolors.

The invites I did by hand.


The partly not on purpose:  I'm having a bit of painter's block on porch #13 which is an oil.  I'm undecided on how to proceed and thus it sits in the easel in my living room staring at me after I get home from the gym.  Which is another factor... I haven't had the time to paint like I usually do during this time of year because I've been going to the gym two nights a week.

No comments: