Friday, January 27, 2012

A Bit of Bike Focus...

I've been taking it easy on the painting front of late but this last week I managed to ease myself into a  couple of paintings.  May is National Bike Month.  I thought I would take the extra time to do a few bike related art in preparation of it.  I usually am in the Gallery Roll Bike Art Show in May and it might be fun to have a variety to choose from to put in the show.  So here's a watercolor and an oil I worked on this last week...
"Come On! Let's Ride!" Watercolor on 9" x 11" Paper.

"Jazzing Blue Bike" Oil on 12" x 12" Canvas
The oil I will admit was a bit of a new abstract approach for me, and I still kind of feel that it's not finished but I can't decide what else I can do to it.  I'll put it off to the side and see if something may hit me someday.  We'll see...

No comments: