Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Painting Ideas While Cycling...

The idea for this painting came to me last week as I was riding (struggling) on my bike up Emigration Canyon.  Another cyclists went whizzing by like I was standing still (always makes one feel confidant- NOT!) and on the back of his jersey was this big eye ball.  I thought it looked cool as it disappeared around a bend in the distance. As I continued to struggle up to the top of the canyon on my bike and this idea started to take hold and evolve.  The idea of a crank inside the eye just sounded like a fun challenge and a possibly wonderful poured watercoloring adventure.  Here's the result of all that thinking as I struggled to climb the canyon on my bike...
"Dilated Chainring"; A Poured Watercolor on 10" x 14" Cold Pressed Paper.
And a BIG Thanks to my friend Jay for helping me to name this artwork; another challenge for me in some cases.  When he mentioned this possible title I thought- PERFECT!  Please feel free to give me any feedback on this interesting bike art work, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: