Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Old Indian...

Earlier in the year, I did a motorcycle painting for my brother.  It was a gift for his birthday.  I had so many of his motorcycle friends that were giving me compliments about his painting that I thought it be fun to try another motorcycle.  

About 2 months ago, I went with my boyfriend on a Sunday drive.  Our destination was the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa, Iowa.  I took several photos at the museum hoping to use the photos as subjects for further paintings.  Meanwhile, I was constantly reminding my motor-head boyfriend about the “do not touch” signs that hung on each motorcycle.  I was concerned about either his drooling or touching harming these bikes.  But I will say that I took a ton of photos because there were some pretty amazing motorcycles at the museum.  I would highly recommend visiting the National Motorcycle Museum for anyone that is even remotely a fan of motorcycles.  

Among the motorcycles was this older Indian Motorcycle that I was just enamored with the head lights and a round metal piece that had an Indian’s face in.  It almost looked like a face plate for a horn or something like that.  I’m unsure what exactly it was used for, or perhaps, it was just for decoration on the motorbike?  Who knows?  But I had to paint it!  I played with a great deal of colors on this painting and it was rather fun.  Here is what I call- “The Old Indian”…
"The Old Indian"; Watercolor on 12" x 18" paper.
In fact, I had so much fun painting this motorcycle I think I would like to try some more.  So don't be surprised if you see some more motorcycles in the future here.  Thanks for stopping by and I would love to hear your feedback.

No comments: