Thursday, February 24, 2011

"100 SLC Porches, No.22"

"100 Salt Lake City Porches, No. 22"
Poured Watercolor on 9" x 10" Paper
This is a poured watercolor where I poured one color at a time.  It's the same method that I used on porch #17 but I think I've improved on my skills; or I should say I think I have improved but I might be a little biased? I started masking off the white areas and then poured a light yellow.  Then, I applied more masking and poured blue paint.
Porch painting in process- 3rd application of masking is drying after pouring the blue paint.
Next I did some more masking and poured the red paint.
Porch painting in process-- after the red paint was poured and before the masking was removed.
Then, the all of the masking was removed and I put in shadows and details.  The top picture of the painting was the result.  I must admit that I've been having a great deal of FUN with this method of watercolor painting.  To view the progress of the porch paintings or to purchase a porch painting, please visit the 100 Salt Lake City Porches Page.  I welcome any feedback you may have.  Thank you.

No comments: