Monday, March 7, 2011

"100 SLC Porches, No.25"

"100 Salt Lake City Porches, No.25"
Poured Watercolor on 11" x 11" Paper
It's hard to believe that I'm 1/4 of the way through this project.  This porch was a fascinating one to do; not so much for the porch itself but for the interesting landscape leading up to the porch.  The front walks is an "S" curve through a charming menagerie of chopped wooden logs, rocks, flowers in pots and bird houses.  All of this is framed with some wonderful English ivy that gives it all a story book feel.  It makes me want to curl up with a cup of hot cocoa and wait to be told a wonderful bedtime story.  I started this porch as a poured watercolor painting and then finished it as a puddle style watercolor on a hot pressed paper.  I hope I captured it's charm?  I welcome any feedback you may have or if you would like to purchase it-- click here. Also I invite you to check out the 100 Salt Lake City Porches page to view all the porches.

No comments: