Thursday, March 24, 2011

"100 SLC Porches, No.30"

"100 Salt Lake City Porches, No.30"
Oil on 12" x 12" Wrapped Canvas
The picture doesn't seem to do it total justice.  Until an oil painting has dried a couple of weeks I can never seem to get a good picture of it; too much shine.  This porch went very quickly.  Though, I will admit that I'm still struggling with what to do around the edges of the wrapped canvas.  Right now, I have the wrapped canvas and parts of the front painted with a mix of blue and black scrubbed in.  What drew me to this porch was the adorable egg Easter wreathe that was on the front door.   But when I got to painting the porch, I got SO wrapped up in the sandstone around the enclosed porch that the cute wreathe was an after thought.  I think I'll set this painting off to the side and simmer over how to do the edges.  I welcome any feedback or suggestions on how to finish it.  Click here to check out the progress of 100 Salt Lake City Porches.

No comments: