Friday, March 11, 2011

"100 SLC Porches, No.26"

"100 Salt Lake City Porches, No.26"
Oil on 16" x 16" Canvas
On this porch I chose to use the complementary colors of blue and orange.  As I went through painting this I discovered that the valve of the color of the paint is very important to give the perception of distance.  At first when I painted this the main portion of the brick on the house was a brighter orange.  The painting felt flat and all wrong.  So I went over it, with a lighter creamier orange and I think that made all the difference.  I hope the porch owner is a Denver Bronco's fan.  I had a co-worker that is a fan of the Bronco's and thought it was really cool when he saw it.  Please visit my 100 Salt Lake City Porches page to see the progress or if you would like to purchase.  I also would love any feedback you may have, click here to drop me an email.

No comments: