Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"100 SLC Porches, No.56"

"100 Salt Lake City Porches, No.56"; Watercolor on 10" x 14" Cold Press Paper
This porch is another one from the lower Salt Lake Aves area.  I started this one with a series of flat washes with permanent rose.  Slowly, I built up the pink tones.  Then I started in with some puddle painting with combinations of the colors of phthalo blue, light green, and medium yellow.  I wanted to keep to similar colors of the house which were tones of pink and teal.  I think it turned out to be a nice combination. 

I must admit that it seems I'm getting into a bit of a theme with the flags on the last couple of porches.  We are heading towards that patriotic 4th of July and I've been keeping my eyes open for some porches that have a patriotic "flare".  So if any of you see in the Salt Lake City area see a porch with flags or red, white & blue contact me and I can run over on my bicycle to get a picture. To view the progress of (or to request purchase) all 100 Salt Lake City Porches, click here.  I welcome any feedback you may have.  Thank you!

No comments: