Friday, July 22, 2011

"100 SLC Porches, No.62"


"100 Salt Lake City Porches, No.62"- 10" x 10" on Paper
I'm back from a lovely little vacation I spent in Helena,MT.  Now to get serious about doing some more porch paintings.  I put the finishing touches on this painting late last night.  Yes, it's another yellow house and I will admit that I tend toward yellow houses.  They are just SO warm and inviting; and the rocking chair on this one makes it look even more inviting.  I started this painting as a series of flat washes in yellows, slowly building up the brightness of the yellows.  Then I finished with some puddle style painting.  To view my progress with the 100 Salt Lake City Porches Project visit this page.  Here's a photo that I took during the Helena 100 Bike ride that I did while on my vacation.
A picture during the Helena 100 Bike ride that went along the upper Missouri River.

No comments: