Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"100 SLC Porches, No.78 & No.79"

I took a three day weekend and managed to get a couple of porch paintings done.  Here they are...
"100 Salt Lake City Porches, No.78"; Watercolor on 10" x 12" Paper.
The above Federal Heights area porch is canopied by two trees.  I took a picture of it earlier in the spring when the trees were just budding out but thought that it might be more interesting to wait till the trees filled out.  Now the trees are just barely starting to turn as the temperatures start falling.  I started this porch painting in a flat wash of yellow to help with the contrast of the canopied area and the rest of the painting.  The rest of the porch painting is done in the puddle style of watercolor painting on a hot pressed paper.
"100 Salt Lake City Porches, No.79"; Poured Watercolor on 9" x 12" Paper
I almost got rear ended by a BMW and a dirty look from the car driver on a Sunday afternoon car ride when I took the picture of this porch.  It was a beautiful day and the trees surrounding this house almost secluded it in shade.  I was driving slowly through the Federal Heights neighborhood scouting porches.  This yellow house caught my eye and then the symmetry around the door captured me.  I used phatlo blue, crimson red, and aurora yellow in this pour; which was done in four different pouring levels.  To view the progress of (or to purchase) 100 Salt Lake City Porches, click here.  I welcome any feedback you may have.

No comments: