Monday, September 12, 2011

A Porch Break...

I'm taking a short break from the 100 Salt Lake City Porches Art Project this week.  Part of the reason is that I need a bit of a break and want to paint other things. I've had some photos I have taken while out scouting porches and cycling that I've wanted to paint but just haven't had the time.  Well, I thought I would take a bit of a time out this week to paint some of those.  I also have started back with Colleen Reynolds Watercolor Classes.  I took the summer off because I ride my bike WAY TOO much in the summer to have time for everything.  Like this painting below, I've had a photo I took back at the beginning of summer of these birdhouses.
"Birdhouses in a Row"; Watercolor on 10" x 12" Paper done in the wet-to-dry method.

Another part of the reason is that I am taking a break.  I am in need of some more porches to paint.  I've managed to get quite a variety relatively close to where I live and bike on a regular basis but now I need to venture out a little further in the Salt Lake City valley to look for some unique porches.  It takes a bit more time.  If any of you that are reading this know of some porches that are unique, please drop me an address via email (its2allgood4u@yahoo.com ).  I would be very grateful.

No comments: