Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Bike with a Red Rock View...

Here's a painting that I did last night in my watercolor painting class(my teacher- Colleen Reynolds).  This month we are working on landscape watercolor painting especially the wet watercolors on dry paper.  I had this black & white copy of a photo that a friend emailed me from a bicycle trip he took in Southern Utah.  I thought it fit the bill and on top of it of course, it had a bike.  Yes, it's Spring time and I've got biking on the brain. :) 

Here is what I call "A Bike with a Red Rock View"...
"A Bike with a Red Rock View"; Watercolor on 9" x 12" Cold Press Paper.
I chose to capture the Red Rock in pale pinks(Permannet Rose) and purples(Dioxazine Purple) with just a touch of Yellow Ochre.  I used Prussian Blue for the sky and bike.  I kept to those four colors for the enitre painting.  Mixing those four colors made for a wonderful black and even more amazing grays.  I welcome any feedback you may have and thanks for visiting! 

No comments: