Monday, March 19, 2012

A Groovy Red Bike...

<><>
"Cycle of Red, Yellow & Tye Dyed"; Poured Watercolor on 11" x 11" Cold Press Paper.
SOLD!!!

Yes, you may recognize this bike as being in another form in another painting.  Yes, it is based on the same sketch as the "Green Betty" painting but I thought it might be fun to do the same bike as a poured watercolor.  I also had new liquid watercolor paints that just came in and I was itching to try them. 

But I really did this poured watercolor with a bike ride in mind.  This year's Little Red Riding Hood Bike ride has a Groovy theme. What's Little Red Riding Hood Bike Ride?  It's an all female bike ride that takes place in the beautiful Cache Valley in Northern Utah.  This bike ride has been going strong for 25 years and has gained popularity.  In fact, when it opened registration this year, the available 3500 slots sold out in less than 2 hours.  I'm going to have a booth at the ride this year.  I thought it might be fun to display some of my bike art along with some of my bike art on cards.  So thus I am gearing up, or cranking up (bike terms), with some bike art to show.  In other words, you'll be seeing more bike art in the next couple of months.

No comments: