Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Birthday Surprise & A Bike Break...


"Ms. Popette"; Watercolor by Colleen Reynolds.
A couple of months ago, I won a drawing at my teacher's gallery show.  The prize was a portrait of a significant other.  I found it rather funny and had everyone laughing shortly after the drawing because here I am single and uninvolved.  So the group had decided that I would use the possible portrait as a pick up line to any of the good looking guys that I happen to come into contact with.  I was almost crying we were all laughing SO hard.  Then, Colleen suggested a pet I had or maybe a special friend.  That's when the idea of the Popette literally popped into my head.  I thought it would make a wonderful 79th birthday present for the Popette (Mary).  I sent Colleen a few photos and last night I finally got to see the wonderful painting that she did.  Here it is...


  Colleen did a wonderful job and I can't wait to give it to Mary on her birthday at the beginning of April.  I know Mary will just LOVE it!  Thanks Colleen!  You can check out more of her art click here.


Meanwhile at art class last night I did this quick landscape painting...
"Benched- Father & Daughter"; Watercolor on 10" x 14" Cold Press Paper

No comments: