Monday, May 9, 2011

"100 SLC Porches, No.41"

"100 Salt Lake City Porches, No.41"
Mixed media  on 12" x 12" wrapped canvas
This porch I did a bit differently.  I usually lightly underpaint my canvases with an acrylic paint and then paint over with oil.  This painting, I started with staining the canvas in places with an almost solid coat of watercolor paints.  Then, I painted with oils.  I found it rather fun to experiment with using watercolor and oil paints together.  Water and oil don't usually go together well but I think this turned out pretty well.  This porch is one of the first of many more to come from "the Avenues" part of Salt Lake.   There are a great deal of beautiful porches in that area.  I loved the purple and green of this porch.  To view the progress of 100 Salt Lake City Porches (or to purchase); click here.

No comments: