Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"100 SLC Porches, No.47"

"100 Salt Lake City Porches, No.47"
Watercolor on 10" x 14" Paper
You don't see many of these...a double level porch!  They just don't seem to build large tall houses like this anymore.  I imagine it's wonderful view from that top porch area; as this house is on a bit of a hill.  The original house has dark almost black browns, grays, and red brick.  I opted to limit the color pallet to two colors; an indigo blue and the lovely quinacridone gold. (Please don't ever ask me to pronounce what kind of gold this is.  I'll surely screw it up!)   I used the wet to dry watercolor painting method.  It went pretty fast and it was a fun painting to do.  I welcome any feedback you may have.  Please visit this page to view the progress of 100 Salt Lake City Porches.  Thank you.

No comments: