Thursday, May 26, 2011

"100 SLC Porches, No.48"

"100 Salt Lake City Porches, No.48"
Watercolor on 9" x 12" Paper
Now this one may seem very similar to porch #13.  In a way I will admit that it is and I wouldn't be surprised with 100 porches if I end up with a bit of duplication. Though this painting is in watercolor and it shows the full porch at an angle.  Porch #13 is closer up, shows just a portion, and is done in a limited oil pallet of purples, peach, with a bit of blue. Also, this porch has a mental work that goes across between the poles.  With the flowers out front and the light, I think this porch is singing in Springtime.  I did this in a flat watercolor wash method and I think it gives it a nice muted easy going feeling.  I could spend an afternoon just passing the time on this porch!  To view the progress (or to purchase) please visit the 100 Salt Lake City Porches page.  I welcome any feedback you may have.

No comments: