Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"100 SLC Porches, No.46"

"100 Salt Lake City Porches, No.46"
Oil/Acrylic on 16" x 16" Canvas
I almost put this porch painting on my blog yesterday.  I took pictures of it but then I got to looking at the porch painting and the original porch photo.  It was then that I realized I missed some of the detailing on the railing area.  It's all in the details; sometimes.  So last night, I went home and fixed it.  I took a new approach on this porch painting.  The house is mostly a series of green.  So I decided to start with the green acrylic that I prepped the canvas with.  I thought I would just paint the actual porch and the wonderful front window off to the side of the porch.  There's some beautiful details in this porch and I couldn't resist not painting in the pretty flower bed. I would love to hear any feedback you may have.  To view the progress of the 100 Salt Lake City Porches, visit this page.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hi, Jeanne- Wow, you must have just painted this! The tulips are still in bloom! Thanks for including my porch. I like your interpretation. When we received the designation of Historical Neighborhood (http://www.slcgov.com/CED/HLC/content/University.asp)
the porches were listed as important architectural features. We also like to sit on them!
Will you be able to exhibit all your porch paintings in one place? Good luck on your project!
Emily

JAllgood said...

Hi Emily,
Yes,the oil paint is still wet on the canvas. I really LOVE the details of your porch and that's wonderful about the designation. I would love to exhibit all of them in one place but I may just have to settle for a book with all 100 Salt Lake City Porches instead. Thank you for your compliment and for commenting.
-J