Monday, August 1, 2011

"100 SLC Porches, No.64"

"100 Salt Lake City Porches, No.64"; Watercolor on 10" x 14" Paper
I've been eyeing this cute house for awhile now.  It's along the route of a weekly Thursday night bike ride I take.  Each time I pass by, I never have a camera with me and I'm pedalling fast in vain to keep up with the guys leading the pack.  Then a couple of Sunday mornings ago with perfect weather I took my camera with me on my bicycle.  I managed to capture the cutie and scouted out a few more potential porches to paint while I was out.  An amazingly productive morning and I hadn't even had coffee or breakfast yet.  This last weekend has been productive too.  I have porch #65, an oil, almost done.  I hope to finish it tonight, and porch #66 is underway too.  I've got it lightly sketched out in preparation for a watercolor.  To view the progress of (or to purchase) 100 Salt Lake City Porches, click here.  I welcome any feedback you may have and thanks for visiting!

No comments: