Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"100 SLC Porches, No.68"

"100 Salt Lake City Porches, No.68"; Poured Watercolor on 10" x 13" Paper
I was slowly biking along in this neighborhood when out of the corner of my eye I caught this house.  At a quick glance, it kind of looked like feather plumes in front of the upper windows.  When I looked again, my eyes wandered around the front of this house.  The ivy, the flowers, the shrubs, and the large trees that provided shady spots.  All of this amazing almost wild landscape set off with a classic porch, red bricks, and shutters.  I turned my bike around and immediately took pictures!  I used a bit of medium yellow, Kelly green, permanent rose, and phathlo blue in this poured watercolor.  After pouring, I did just a bit of puddle watercolor painting to finish it off.  This was a very fun painting to do.  Please check out the progress of the 100 Salt Lake City Porches (or to purchase), click here.  I welcome any feedback you may have, and thanks for visiting!

No comments: