Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"100 SLC Porches, No.73 & No.74"

Between pours at this last weekend's workshop, I managed to work on these two porch paintings.  I worked in the pour method on both of these.  It just seemed to be fitting when I'm at a workshop that focuses on that method.  These were much smaller than what I was working on in the workshop and I did finish both of these off with a bit of puddle painting when I got back to Salt Lake City.
"100 Salt Lake City Porches, No.73"; Poured Watercolor on 9" x 12" Paper.
On both of these porch paintings, I kept to a limited color scheme.  On the blue and yellow, I purposely went muted and understated.  The orange-ish one below, I used different valves of the same color of paint and created the mono-chromatic porch.  I find its fun to play with these limited pallets to create a painting.

"100 Salt Lake City Porches, No.74"; Poured Watercolor on 9" x 12" Paper.
To view the progress (or to purchase one ) of the 100 Salt Lake City Porches, click here.  I welcome any feedback you may have, and thanks for visiting!

No comments: