Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Weekend Workshop...

I’m off to Pocatello, Idaho this weekend.  Why Pocatello, you might ask?  I’m going to be taking a “Pouring Luminous Watercolors” Workshop at the Pocatello Art Center.  The workshop is taught by a wonderful watercolorist that I have been admiring on-line for awhile.  Her name is Leslie Redhead.  I LOVE her poured watercolors of cityscapes and buildings.  Pictured here is a Chinatown Statue, a poured watercolor that I stole from her site.  (I hope she’ll forgive me.)  It is one of my favorites.  She also has some amazing flowers; especially irises and poppies.  Please click on her name and check out her artwork.  It is definitely worth a visit.  Leslie is based in Vancouver, BC, Canada; and I jumped at the chance when I found out she was holding a workshop so close to Salt Lake City.  It’s about a 3 hour drive and, of course, I’m taking my bike in tow.  I figured I could bike some new territory while I'm there.  I’ve really been excited for this weekend for the last month.  It’s almost like Christmas!  I’ll update you and hopefully share a beautiful piece of watercolor artwork when I get back.   

No comments: